Friday, July 31, 2009

A danger you hadn't thought of...

I've done a fair amount of running, riding and messing about in New York City's central park. But I've been worried about getting mugged, run over by a sprinter, flattened by a drunk on a pedicab, but I have never once worried about the trees. Who knew?

Actually, trees have fallen and killed a fair number of people over the years in the Rockies. A couple of kids near Marble Canyon, someone on the Banff Springs golf course, and likely some other chaos I don't know about. I don't mean to make light of dangers of trees falling over (and I've been fully terrified in the lodge-pole forest around here during a windstorm), but I think falling trees is really not a major concern compared to driving, eating, drinking, or walking down the sidewalk. But stay heads up out there, the trees have a real bad attitude...

No comments: